Thursday, September 15, 2011

So many possibilities...

by Holly

On Monday, I had an uninterrupted shopping trip to the fabric store.

Did you catch the word "UNINTERRUPTED"?  It was like Heaven!

The upside of all the boys being in school, at least 3 days a week, is that Momma has some much enjoyed "me time".  And let me tell you, I much enjoyed this "me time" on Monday.

I actually got to carry on conversations with other ladies in the store... 

"What are you making?"  Such a fun question to ask, when you don't have a 3 year old begging you to play a game on your phone.  (This is funny because I don't even have any games on my phone, but he's seen my friends phones.  My Little Man has to settle with rattling dice.  Poor kid.:)  I was able to actually focus on what fabrics I would put together and exactly how many yards I needed.  I can't tell you how many return trips I have made in the past because I couldn't quite focus with Little Man begging me for gum.  (He begs a lot.  Work in progress.)  TWO hours later, I was ready to check out.  Such a fun shopping trip!

Here's a look at what I got... 

At the last Queen Bee, we had a few requests for little girl superhero capes.  Now we all know that girls can be superheros too, so here is what we've got going for those tough little sweeties...
So excited to bring some pink into my house!  And I LOVE the gray with polka dots.  It is going to be so fun putting these together.  Stay tuned.

And then, for the preppy superhero...

Super fun and bright argyle for the contrast on this navy superhero cape.

And then there's the carmat fabric...
Super excited for all these whimsical car prints. (All the car fabrics were ordered from Hawthorne Threads.  LOVE their quick processing and great selection!)  The brown car fabric in the middle has little VW buses on it.  So cute!!!

Just wanted to give you all a sneak peek into the fun fabrics that we will be working with, gearing up for the Holiday season.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: