Monday, April 30, 2012

Monthly Goals Review & Healthy Breakfast Recipe

by Mollie


   This year I have been really challenged to spend my time well.  To be "in the moment" with what I am doing, whether it is playing with my kids or working on a task... I want to be focused and disciplined.  


 Since January I have been setting monthly personal/fitness goals and I thought I would share with you last months goals and how I accomplished them and then my upcoming goals for May. I would love the accountability! 


April Goals

  • Get into a Bible Study (some girlfriends and I are starting one!)
  • Organize girls closet
  • Organize sewing corner
  • make girls Easter dresses
  • go on a date with my hubby
  • spend less money
  • clean out my car
  • clean out Ronnie's car for him
  • do an act of service - deliver a meal
  • be nicer
 I missed a couple of my goals, but my plan is to roll them over into this months goals... 


May Goals
 I'm taking a page out of Mandy's book and starting to break down my goals... 

do:

  • clean out Ronnie's car for him
  • Vacuum both cars
  • Organize sewing corner
  • Get girls passports
  • Go on a double date with Sara & Wes
  • Go visit BOTH great grandparents
  • Finish painting projects for Master Bedroom
  • Eat more whole food
  • Do my daily planning EVERY DAY
go:
  • Take a minute off my mile time
  • do 5 perfect push ups in a minute
  • Hold a 2 minute plank
  • Attend Stroller Strides 3x a week
  • One workout on the weekends.
read: 
Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony

learn: 
 memorize 1 Peter 3:1-6

be: 
merciful- pray every day for mercy opportunities and ways of showing it





 I really like the idea of being intentional.  Ronnie and I are trying to sit down every night and plan out our days together.  Literally hour by hour. Not that we HAVE to stick to it (life happens right?) but it does allow us to be much more productive throughout the day.  Its not for everyone, but its working for us right now..


Speaking of something that's working.. I have been making "Egg Pizza" for my kiddos the last week for breakfast and they LOVE it! I wanted to share the recipe. 


 Egg Pizza
makes 4


2 Bagel Thins (we use the everything bagels)
4 eggs
4 TBSP shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste


Turn your oven onto broil high. Preheat a skillet over medium high heat.  Fry each egg using a bit of non-fat cooking spray and allow them to cook through (I poke the yokes cause we dont like them runny).  On a baking sheet lay out the bagel thins.  Top each bagel with an egg and a TBSP of cheese.  Put under the broiler for 2-3 min until cheese is melted and bagel is toasted.  Allow to cook and enjoy!


 Its a low calorie, high protein, healthy breakfast! I have been serving it with 1/2  banana or some honeydew melon. 


 I hope you have a great week!



No comments: