Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Marathon

Mollie and I have taken some time off this past week for our Easter Marathon.

No, we didn't actually run 26.2 miles.  But it felt like it.

Between family visiting, our other jobs, and trying to make this season special for our kiddos, we are pooped!

My parents decided to come visit during Spring Break this year.  They usually come for Jackson's birthday in May, but the kids are always in school and that isn't much fun.  So, this year they came while they could enjoy being with their grand kids.  We had a great time.  We took them to see the butterflies at the Wild Animal Park.  So amazing!!!  Hundreds of bright, big, and beautiful butterflies fluttering all around.  It is quite magical, and it only lasts for about a month so you gotta go if you can!
 This orange one was my favorite.  

I also had a little work to do, like making a couple custom pieces.  This is a Batman cape that a mom ordered for her son's birthday.  He is obsessed with Batman, so she asked for the logo and a longer cape that would drape on the floor.  So fun!
 Of course Little Man had to put on his batman jammies and try it on to make sure it "worked".

We also had an egg coloring extravaganza.  6 boys and 2 dozen eggs.  I was a bit nervous about this one.  Not gonna lie.  One of my best friends had to leave town to be with her dad, and I knew her husband probably wouldn't have time to color eggs with their boys.  So we had them over for pizza and a massive color party.  It was so much fun, and went a lot smoother than I had thought.  It probably helped to have everyone outside, but they did a great job!
 It is such a blessing to be able to share life with these boys!  I love them!

And in the midst of it all, I really wanted my boys to focus on the meaning of Easter.  On the resurrection of Christ.  So we had some fun projects that we did...
 This was our painters tape resist cross finger painting art.  (What a title) 

And our Easter garden...
 And our lava lamps...
Yes, I realize that this has nothing to do with Easter.  Jackson just saw a pin the other day about the 10 greatest crafts for boys and HAD to try this.


And we had to make these...
since Easter dinner was at our house this year.
Simple table settings, but the polka dot runner was, of course, from Pinterest.


 My disclaimer about ALL this is that Pinterest is a blessing and a curse.  I LOVE the fun ideas I get from some very creative people.  I HATE that I always want to do it all!  I counted all the "projects" we have going on around here the other night... at least 5.  Why do I do that to myself?  I want my kids to have great memories of childhood, and unfortunately I have kinda bought into the lie that in order for those memories to be great I have to do all these THINGS with them.  Ugh!!!

I am working on this.  Trying to chill a bit.  Work in progress!

In the end, we had a great day of celebrating Jesus with our family.
 We got up and ready for the early service at Church so we could be with Geoff (since he had to leave around 9 and wouldn't be home until 3:30).  6:15 was so worth it!  Mollie did this great stations of the cross for the children where parents went through different tents with their kids and were able to explain the reason for Easter and the power of the Resurrection.  It was so special to be able to go through it as a family.  Yay Mollie!
 Me and my sweet Middle Man.  His eyes kill me!

And we had a great time being together.  Hunting eggs...
 Jackson's eggs are getting harder and harder to find. :)

And finding Easter baskets...
 I found Darth Vader "eggs" at Target this year.  Perfect for the Little Man.  (I'm not sure if I should be worried yet that this is his favorite guy.)

I am so blessed and thankful for the family and friends that are around me.  Friends, family, and children who would love me even if I didn't know what Pinterest was.

And that is the most important thing of all, to me.

Happy Thursday!
 

No comments: