Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Mollie and I are linking up today with my good friend, Christy, over at one fun mom.

It is Spring, and it is time for a little cleaning (on the inside).

We are joining Christy and her "14 days of full body detox and weight loss".

Since Mollie has joined one of those insane, wake up at 5 am workout groups, and I have been trying to get into bathing suit shape, we have decided that a little inside spring spruce up would be good for us.

I have never tried this before, so it will be interesting to see what happens.  

Usually, when the pounds start creeping up on me, I revert to the Weight Watchers program that I did after my second son was born.  It works really well for me, and I love how Weight Watchers taught me to cook for myself (as opposed to other programs where you just buy their food and then are left trying to figure out how to keep off the weight once you stop eating their food).  However, I am really good at working around the system (i.e. eating carrots all afternoon so that I can have points left over for a brownie before bed).  

I know I can eat healthier, and I should eat healthier.

This detox is a step towards that goal.

If you want to join, just let Christy know by going to her site.

Here's how it works...

We have bought the Trader Jo's "Complete Body Cleanse" kit ($12.99), and we will start Monday the 23rd.  (That gives you a week to "clean out" your fridge of cookie dough, or whatever other goodies are lurking about.  At least that's what I have to do.)

Christy has a printable grocery list to get you on the right track with the diet portion, and will be posting a few recipes (she has 4 kids, so it will be very family friendly).  Mollie and I will be posting some recipes as well. 


We will also be accountable to each other.  I know around day 3 I tend to get a little grouchy as all the sugar leaves my body, and that can make for a mean mommy.  I am looking forward to the encouragement I will receive, and that I can offer to others in the group.  It's good to go through this together!

You can join us and track your progress on the FB site or in any of our comments.

Do you need a little spring spruce up?  Join us.  This should be fun!?

Happy Tuesday!
Holly

p.s. Be on the lookout for a YeLLoWMeDaiSY sale the end of this week.  Yay!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks for joining us Holly and Mollie! I'm currently "cleaning out my fridge" of a little Cookies N Cream ice cream. *sheepish grin*