Tuesday, December 27, 2011

On our way...

Hey everyone!

About 18 months ago, while I was out for a run, I was listening to a song by Tim Hughes entitled "God of Justice".

It goes like this...

"Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

We must go, live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken, we must go
Stepping forward, keep us from just singing
Move us into action, we must go."


I was convicted.  "We must go."  Powerful words.

My husband had been on a mission trip to the little town of El Zonte, El Salvador 6 months earlier.  He loved it!  And as I was running, I was thinking of all my amazing friends who have answered Christ's call to "go" in places like China, Uganda, Korea, and even in their own backyards.

I knew God was speaking to me and changing my safe and comfortable loving heart.  I knew that this little town in El Salvador would be a place where my family could "go."  In those few moments I made a commitment to challenge myself, and even challenge my very privileged children to step out for an awesome adventure.

Well, tomorrow is that day (18 months in the making), we will step out.  We will fly 6 hours south and be in a totally different world.

We have prepared ourselves, and while a bit nervous, we are excited to share in this adventure with an amazing team of people.

Here is a link (here) if you want to read more about our journey to this point.

So I will be away for a bit.  Hopefully Mollie is taking some time off as well.

I can't wait to tell you all about our adventure in a couple weeks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Holly

1 comment:

Erin Butson said...

Congratulations! You will surely be blessed as you step out in faith. I can't wait to hear what adventures God has for you. I'd love to trade blog buttons and features. Please let me know if you are interested. xo, erin