Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A simple touch

Mollie's post yesterday totally resonated with me.

Sometimes we make our lives so complicated.  And at the holidays in particular, I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

Do you?

This year I decided to live, and decorate, simply.  Usually I have lighted garlands hanging from my banister and on my mantle.  I completely passed them over this year.  They take forever to set up, and are a constant "don't touch that" kind of decoration.

So, how to fill the void.  I do want to decorate to celebrate all the beauty of the season.

One thing I came up with was a polka dot garland that I saw at Queen Bee.  This was one of those things that I thought "I can make that", but then I ACTUALLY did.  I love the simple pop of color it adds...
It was so easy to make.  I just cut out different size dots from colored felt and then ran them through my sewing machine to make a chain.
So fun, cute, and simple.  Just the kind of touch I was looking for this Christmas.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Holly

1 comment:

Paige said...

Ok, I so love the dot garland! I wnet with a simple theme this year too and I am so ok with it.