Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The new book on my nightstand.

by Holly

I have a new book on my nightstand, and I can't wait to dive in.

Katie Davis is only 22 years old.  What was I doing when I was 22?  I was planning a wedding, finishing college, and wondering what was next.

Katie is running a twice daily feeding program for the poorest of the poor in Uganda, running a sponsorship program of over 4oo children, and running her household of 13 adopted daughters (yes, 13 daughters ranging in age from 3 to 15).

The work that she is doing seems unbelievable, but she believes in a BIG God who can do anything.  And she has put herself out there to be the vessel that He works through.  Amazing!

This past Sunday night, I got to see Katie at a local church.  She is originally from the Nashville area, and doesn't get to the West Coast very often.  A good friend of mine works for her organization, so my friend Shae and I went to see them.

It was great!  Katie is so well spoken and has the most amazing stories to tell.  We had a great time, and I got a copy of her book.  So excited to start it!

Please check out Katie's organization Amazima.  It is inspiring to see the great work being done in Uganda.  And if you wanted to help, there are so many easy ways (buy a book, a necklace, sponsor a child, etc.).

I think back to what I was doing when I was 22, and I am in awe of this beautiful young lady who was willing to leave her life behind, at the age of 17, and help start new lives for the people of Uganda.

Beautiful!

Gotta go read!  Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

YeLLoWMeDaiSY said...

Here is a link for the book on Amazon!
Kisses From Katie