Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun to Learn Fridays - Pudding Finger Painting

by Mollie


  Im a fan of getting messy.  I think that little kids should be allowed to get messy, its only right.  They are only little once and then its inappropriate to have mud on your pants and applesauce in your bangs.  (I do bathe and wash my kids I promise! I'm talking about not making every speck of dirt a big deal)  So this activity was SUPER fun for Zoie and me.  



don't you love the rain-boots?!? She's obsessed with them. :)

This is great hand and eye coordination, fine motor skills, cognitive developing and just about everything else, but above all it helps them to become creative and gives a good basic start to the world of crafts. Finger painting with preschoolers gets messy.



Just basic pudding.  I wanted to use chocolate for more color contrast (plus its yummier) but I was out. 



We practiced our shapes.  She is a little young, but its a good chanced to practice letters and numbers with an older one.  



 I gave her some "tools" after a little while.



Then she figured it out it was yummy...  

Zoie and I had a BLAST doing this activity together plus we had a yummy snack ready for after nap! 

Hope ya'll have a great weekend! Try something new and fun with your little one!

Blessings!!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda @ little b said...

This looks like so much fun! Your daughter is adorable! We will have to try this with our little one :) Following you back from little b and also following from my mommy blog Raising Miss Mommy . Looking forward to reading more!

Amanda

Marilyn said...

This is awesome....So cute.. Officially following ya from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.. I'm Marilyn & Hope you can stop in sometime.. Off to indulge in all your creative explosion here.. : ))