Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Queen Bee Recap...

We had a fabulous, bit of crazy, weekend in Del Mar at the Queen Bee Market.

We love getting together with such greatly talented people, and "talking shop."

But more than that, we had a great time this weekend developing friendships with these greatly talented people.

Here's a few photos to recap, and highlight what we got to be a part of...
This is Creme de la Gems.  Oh my goodness this woman is talented!  Not only are her displays super cute (notice the vintage window in the back with her logo painted on it), but her hand sculpted goodies are amazing!  I picked up a couple little cupcake necklaces for my nieces, but I really wanted her little nativity set for myself.  The details are amazing, but I am sure that little baby Jesus would be lost in my house of 3 boys in no time so I restrained myself.  You have to check her out!
Next on our tour is Funky Vintage Lovely.  In the interest of full disclosure, this picture was taken from the summer show, but I had to show you all the good stuff because this is where I did the bulk of my Christmas shopping.  She had these great, fabric coffee sleeves wrapped up with Starbucks gift cards.  Genius teacher gift, and possibly perfect for a possible member of my family (shhh!).  April and her husband Dave have even started a home decor line...
D + A Home had some fun pieces including these great art boards.  I loved the vintage lockers that they used as shelving and they had lots of fun signature magnetic chalk boards.  Super cute!
The Pleated Poppy is always full of good stuff.  Lindsey even made some great holiday items such as stockings, in all her great fabric combinations, and tea towels.  The quality of her work is amazing!
Tamera Beardsley was new this time around, and I loved her!  Her display was amazing and all her jewelry was beautiful!  Look at all those little vintage suitcases on the floor.  They were also filled with goodies like little chalkboard tags.  Loved them!
And then there is Joyful Joyful.  Courtney makes beautiful banners for every occasion.  Her paper choices and color combinations are fabulous.  And she has a great new product...
These are little wooden stands (either in white or a beautiful, dark stain) that hold her mini banners.  They make a great centerpiece or can work anywhere you need a pop of sentiment (no mantle required).  What a fantastic idea, and the mini banners can be changed out for new ones whenever the occasion requires.  Smart!

Well, that is it for now.  We hope you enjoyed our little mini tour of Queen Bee.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but we really were busy little bees (chuckle).

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

No comments: