Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friendsgiving

Mollie and I are part of a fabulous homegroup.  It is a small group from our church that meets once a week and discusses the message from that week (well, we're supposed to discuss the message but...)

Around Thanksgiving we get together for a full on Thanksgiving meal.  And I mean FULL ON, complete with all the trimmings.  It is a great time of hanging out and we call it "Friendsgiving."

This year it was at my house.

Don't you just want to change things up some times?  This is what I came up with...

Dinner in the family room.
Before... (to those who can tell, that is Chuck on t.v.:)
And after.

It was a bit chilly outside, so we cozied up to the fireplace and had a great time!
I cut out leaves from craft paper for us to write what we are thankful for and we clipped them to the "thankful" banner hanging on the mantle.

Here's some of the yumminess...
Master carver,
And the cutest gravy maker ever!
By the end of the evening, we scooted both tables together and sat around one large table.  So much fun!

What was I thankful for?  A large table with friends around it.  So thankful!

Also very thankful that they all helped me turn the family room back into the family room at the end of the night.  It was nice to have a little change of scenery, mix it up a bit. 

It was even nicer to share it with such great friends.

I hope you can find time this season to gather with close friends and let them know that you are thankful for them.

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

No comments: