Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trying to Simplify and be Thankful

O.K., here it is... our motto "creating beauty in simplicity."  I think that this is what Mollie and I are striving to achieve.  Life is complicated enough.  Sometimes you just gotta stop and think about what you are trying to accomplish.  I have been thinking a lot about this lately as I am reading an AMAZING book (did I mention that it is amazing) called "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  In this book she is aiming to write down 1,000 things that she is thankful for.  1,000 gifts from God that might otherwise go unnoticed unless she took the time to put pen to paper.  She struggles, and then it gets easier and easier and she finds more and more joy in the process.
So, I am striving to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard as the case may be) and focus on the simple things.  Focus on the simple beauty that is my life.

Here is #1  pink flowering bushes in bloom outside my dining/sewing room door
           #2  little boy giggles when they find out they get to go play at a friends house after school
          #3  strawberries and whipped cream and the joy it brought little man today
         #4  easy patterns  (a life saver for Easter since I waited till the last minute and couldn't find ties anywhere for the boys)

That's my start.  What are you thankful for?  What gifts do you not want to go unnoticed?  Write them down today.
Just had to include a pic of my little men with their ties.  They are my most precious gift!

1 comment:

Nikki Crockett said...

sounds like a great book...might have to just pick that one up! :)