Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring has sprung!


Banners tend to ring in the seasons around my house. Wouldn't want anyone to get confused since the weather around here can get a bit weird (85 degrees in January is not uncommon). But it is definitely spring around here, and I LOVE it! Everything seems clean, fresh, and new and I am feeling adventurous.
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Holly and I am now half of YeLLoWMeDaiSY. Mollie and I have joined forces in our creative efforts and I couldn't be more excited. I have always loved making fun things, have always had my wonderful husband saying, "you should try to sell some of the things you make." But I have never had the courage to put myself, and my stuff, out there. That's where Mollie comes in. Together this is going to be quite a ride.

I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys, each one a little bit crazier than the last. I love being "girlie", although sometimes my wardrobe would prove otherwise (more out of necessity than anything else). I taught myself to sew just after our first son was born almost 9 years ago (gasp!) in order to keep myself busy during nap time. I started with curtains, made some dresses, LOTS of handbags, and have now moved on to all things boy (at the moment, but I'll explain more about that at another time). Mollie and I are working together to get some fun things made for the Queen Bee Market coming up May 6th-7th. If you are in the San Diego area you should come check it out at the Del Mar Hilton. It will be my first attempt at putting myself out there. Now this could be perfect for me, and my family. A great way to express myself and get a little extra income. Or, it could be a huge flop. Either way, I am so happy that Mollie and I can do this together, that our kids love hanging out together (since our little ones will be seeing a lot of each other), and that our husbands are humoring, er... supporting us.

Mollie and I have a lot of fresh and new things that we are working on, so stay tuned. I love spring!

No comments: