Friday, February 17, 2012

Photo Display

by Mollie

  I have this SHORT little hallway in our house.  It connects the master bedroom, bathroom, and kids room. It's TINY.  I could stand in front of it and easily touch both sides of the open wall with my arms barely extended.

  I have been racking my brain on how to decorate this space.  I was complaining mentioning this to my wonderful Mother-n-law and we came up with the idea to use an old door.  She just happened to have one laying around too!

Allow me to reveal....

THE PHOTO DOOR

this guy now greets us every time we come home...


now dont ask me how we got it on the wall.  My dad came over and hung it SO strong that we could literally HANG on it if we wanted and it wont come down.  (which was my concern...glass door + toddler = disaster)


I printed 8x10's at Costco for around $1.20 each, taped them behind each window pane, and Wha-la!








*professional photo by Cindy Kyle Photography

  I am LOVING my photo door, AND the flexibility of being able to change out the photos.  My goal is every 6 months... we'll see.

Blessings,


2 comments:

Barbara said...

great repurpose and very cute!!!!

Nikki Crockett said...

super duper cute!