Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happiness is...

O.K., happiness can be MANY things.

Yesterday, happiness was...

Geoff and I had a fantastic breakfast date yesterday morning.  When I left the house it was cloudy and cool, and I attempted to dress all cute for this small chunk of time with him which will probably be the longest we get to see each other all week.

However, as we left breakfast it started to drizzle.  And then by the time I left Home Depot, where I stopped to get a can of paint before heading over to Mollie's, it was really raining.

What!?  Raining?  In San Diego?

I knew just what to do.  I ran home real quick and changed my whole outfit just so I could wear my new rain boots I got for Christmas (thanks Mom!). 

In SD you've gotta take advantage of rainy days since it only rains about twice a year (as stated by the woman at the grocery store who commented on my boots because she wants some but her husband things they're a ridiculous purchase considering where we live).

Even as I sit here, and watch the rain out my window, those blue boots make me smile.

That's why they sit here...

by my front door where I can see them all the time.

And now that I have my own boots, I can do this...

with them...

which makes me the happiest woman in the world!

What made you smile today?
Happy Tuesday!


No comments: