Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Covered Wipes Cases

My daughter goes through wipes like they were water and I am CONSTANTLY pulling out our wipes case to grab just another one for a dirty face or bottom.  I was tired of the plain white ugly case with the brand name staring me in the face so I chose to do something about it.  It is a SUPER easy project that can easily be done in a couple hours and you don't even have to sit there the whole time.  Being the mommy of a busy little girl I like projects where I can do a little here and do a little there.  I didn't take pictures of the entire process...im still getting the hang of this blogging thing... I'll get better I promise.  Also, please forgive the edges on this photo...I have since went back and glued it all down.  So...on to how to get this done. 

What you will need:
1 travel plastic wipes case
1 sheet of 12x12 scrapbook paper
coordinating ribbon (less than 1 yard)
modge podge glue
paintbrush
hot glue gun
scissors
pencil


So to start lay out the scrapbook paper and trace the 2 sides of the wipes case when open onto the paper. Cut it out.  Using a thin layer of the modge podge glue adhere the paper to the case. Allow to dry.  Apply a couple coats of the glue over the top of the paper (this will make it water/baby proof) Allow it to dry inbetween coats.  Once dry and beautiful (im sure) using the hot glue gun attach the ribbon around the edges.  I cut the ends at an angle to make it lay down flat.  That's it! You're all done! Let it set and you have a fantastic and stylish wipes case. Get to wiping! 

*If you don't have the time or the energy to make this project you can find it for sale here


Blessings!  

No comments: