Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe

by Mollie

Taking a little break from crafting today on the blog and thought I would "spice" it up with a family recipe that is always a hit! This is my families favorite meal! My hubby R would be pretty content if I made this 4 nights a week... i can't blame him, its pretty delicious.  I made it the other day because its super easy to double and I was bringing a meal to a friend and her family. 

Start with bacon (always a good start)  Chop up 5 slices and put in a skillet with a drop of olive oil over medium high heat to crisp up.  (there is more in the picture because i doubled the recipe)



Once the bacon is crisp remove with a slotted spoon and put on a plate with paper towel to absorb any extra grease.  


Add 1/4 of a chopped red onion ( i would add 1/2 of an onion but R is not a big fan so I lessen the amount).  Allow the onion to get translucent and sweet. 

Once onion is cooked add 2 cups of chopped chicken.  ( i cheated and bought precooked chicken...3rd trimester makes me NOT want to cook)  

  Allow the chicken to get warm and absorb the flavor, i like to add some pepper to add some more flavor.  Add some bbq sauce (i don't have exact measurements, its more a feeling).  Add bacon back to the mixture and stir it up.


Spread out the pizza dough and spread a light layer of bbq sauce over the dough. 


Add your chicken mixture and spread around.
Put a thick layer of mozzarella cheese on top and garnish with cilantro.

At this point I covered one in foil and added baking directions for my friend.  



If you are keeping the pizza for yourself (which i highly recommend) then preheat your oven to 425 degrees and bake for 13 - 17 min until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.  




I hope you like it, Z normally eats it up faster than anything else I put on her plate.  ENJOY!!! 


1 comment:

adam tylor said...

This recipe is really simple,healthy and fun to make.Even perfect when you are in a hurry to make dessert to put on the table for guests.I`m sure pizza lover loves this idea